Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

AR10T Survival Forum

More
11 years 6 months ago #20630 by Sharkey
Replied by Sharkey on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
You guys are KILLING me... You have NO idea how hard it's been to find any angus around here lately for a decent price.

If it was up to me, I'd live on nothing but lobster, Mako steaks, raw little neck clams on the half shell and Black Angus Ribeye steaks....

Oh MAN would I live like that if I could...lol

I need to hit the lottery so I can have a cattle ranch beside the ocean... :laugh:

Maybe up in Gun Friendly Maine... :thumbs:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20657 by OleCowboy
Replied by OleCowboy on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
I personally do not like the word prepper, it has not so good connotations to it. I have been on several prepper forums going back several years. All of them have degenerated into: Walter Mitty desires, too many reruns of Fantasy Island and Road Warrior movies, constant Truckers stare from popping too many benneys to stay awake on the the computer all night, calloused fingers from typing too many 'EXPERT' discussions on the forums and yellow stained pants from squealing as the UPS man drops off another piece of gear from the Survival Gear of the Month Club at TactiKool Supply.

I finally quit them all as few would ever leave the comfort of their Lazy-Boy and if they did not likely to go beyond the curb in front of the house.

So, if you want a survival sub forum then call it that and not prepper, those are NUT JOBS who could not pour pizz out of their own boot if the directions were written on the heel.

What I don't want is 'same trailer, different park', you know what I mean. So yeah, lets do it, "survival" and make it members only!

More
11 years 6 months ago #20666 by jtallen83
Replied by jtallen83 on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
:I-agree:
I tried a few sites and a meet, sounded and looked like a video game club. The wonderful :sick: Nat Geo network is doing their best to make "prepper" relate to lunatic. A guy does get tired of running from the word police though...........

More
11 years 6 months ago #20671 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
In the late 70's they were called survivalists. Now they are called Preppers. I like the term Precautionaries. Taking some precautions against major catastrophes makes sense, because the government sure as heck isn't doing it for us. If you don't think anything is going to happen, invest your money, if you do invest some of your money in supplies and a bolt hole.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20681 by mlotziii
Replied by mlotziii on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
I agree with the "same trailer, different park" and changed the Forum to Survival Forum

Also, love the term Precautionaries :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OleCowboy

More
11 years 6 months ago #20683 by et1911rph
Replied by et1911rph on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
I keep a really large roll of foil handy at all times. ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #20686 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
:thumbs:

et1911rph wrote: I keep a really large roll of foil handy at all times. ;)

That qualifies you, especially if you can make a foil pyramid out of it. You could be on Nat Geos show. :clap:

More
11 years 6 months ago #20698 by Sharkey
Replied by Sharkey on topic AR10T Prepper Forum

Siscowet wrote: :thumbs:

et1911rph wrote: I keep a really large roll of foil handy at all times. ;)

That qualifies you, especially if you can make a foil pyramid out of it. You could be on Nat Geos show. :clap:

I have specially fitted hats made of the stuff with little points at the top... :laugh:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20707 by VTIT
Replied by VTIT on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
Dont' forget our furry friends

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #20877 by glkingar
Replied by glkingar on topic AR10T Prepper Forum
We belong to several food coops and buy food in bulk. We will be receiving 80lbs of boneless skinless organic chicken in a few weeks for $150.00. It is not frozen when we get it. We break it up into 4 breast to a package and vacuum pack it with a commercial vacuum packer and then freeze it. We buy wheat and other grains and have a none electric and electric grain mill. We package it into #10 cans add oxygen absorbent packs and seal the cans. We have a lake nearby that we can get water from and will be installing a rain catchment system in the next year. We have about a years supply of many items and rotate items so that we are used to using them and to keep them fresh. If you are interested in the meat source it is zayconfoods.com/ They have deliveries all over the country and have always treated us right. We go to the local food coops around here to find out about other sources and most of those are shipped to the parking lot of their store direct from the source. One of our wood stoves has a griddle built right into the top where we can cook. We have stockpiled medical supplies including the medication that we take and rotate them so they are fresh. It took some effort to get our meds from the VA in quantities that would allow us to have a backup supply. We have a Miller welder/generator for when weather goes bad on us and have our electric lines buried and a transfer switch for the generator. Our homes primary heat source is wood of which we have 10 acres of. Your local Mormon church is a good source for the canner. You don't have to be a Mormon to use it. We check one out 3 or 4 times a year. They are also a good source for cans, lids, and oxygen packs. We live about an hour from Joplin and take the weather seriously. Went up there the weekend after the last tornado with my tractor to help with the cleanup. It was the second worst one that I have seen. I have personally seen over 30 tornadoes and our food is stored in a cement block room in the crawlspace under our house. As you can see we are hip deep into preparedness. Oh and we have a significant supply of ammo and guns to protect ourselves and our supplies. If you have any questions about any of this stuff, I am not an expert, but I am willing to share ideas with any who ask.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by mlotziii.