Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

The knockout game.

More
10 years 10 months ago #31918 by MrMarty51
Replied by MrMarty51 on topic The knockout game.
I believe that We will ot have long to wait, until one of these thugs is shot and killed, as frequently as it is going on, it will be soon, very soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #31952 by Libertarian623
Replied by Libertarian623 on topic The knockout game.
I owned my first home about a mile from the bus stop about 16 years ago. I can tell you that is a serious neighborhood. The guy obviously took it easy on the teen, not sure he should have. If I where him I would move to a different city, or prepare for a extended campaign. www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/22/marvel...-shot_n_4323723.html
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Libertarian623.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #31957 by jtallen83
Replied by jtallen83 on topic The knockout game.
:I-agree: Now if the media would focus on events like this they might get the right message across, SPREAD THE WORD!
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by jtallen83.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #31958 by Sharkey
Replied by Sharkey on topic The knockout game.
Excellent article and outSTANDING outcome. Great find Lib... :usa:

I love to see things like this that show our lady justice isn't dead yet... :)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Sharkey.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #32482 by 10-76
Replied by 10-76 on topic The knockout game.
Disregard
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by 10-76.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33467 by txlongshotb4
Replied by txlongshotb4 on topic The knockout game.
Hypothetical situation time- You're stopped at a gas station fueling up. You go inside to buy a drink. As you walk back out the door, some teenagers are coming in. One of them cold cocks you as hard as he can in the face...but it's not good enough and you don't go down.
Legal recourse should not be the factor you're thinking about in this moment. It should be the furthest thing from your mind at that point-you'll have plenty to think about, believe it...you don't have time for second guessing your actions. You can prepare yourself for legal ramifications long before you ever need it. Find a good lawyer-plug his number into speed dial. Call him ASAP after the shooting-even before the police arrive...there you go. The mindset should be;" Valid lethal threat(s) identified, innocent bystanders clear, draw, present, good target alignment, controlled trigger squeeze, BOOM-repeat as needed."-this needs to happen fast-like, less than a second or two fast. There is no time in there for " am I legally justified?"...if you answered the first two parts-yes, valid lethal threat - yes, bystanders are clear- then yes-you are legally justified. Valid lethal threat is a PC way of saying THIS DUDE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU! Therefore it is very important that you kill him first. If you try contemplate the legal recourse involved right then and there , you will probably be the one going out of there in a bag- don't be that guy.

If it turns out later that this kid was playing a game, well...that sucks. BUT, you won't know when he hits you if he's playing a game, if he's trying to steal your wallet, if he and his buddies are about to knock over the store, I'f you're getting randomly jumped as some sort of gang initiation thing, or if the cops are right behind him and he needs a hostage.What you do know is that you are armed, and you cannot, under any circumstances, let this turd get his hands on your gun. What you do know is that he just delivered a potentially lethal blow to your head, and you have absolutely no reason to believe he won't try to finish the job...the situation dictates that as the most probable outcome-you definitely have a valid lethal threat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, OleCowboy, faawrenchbndr, Siscowet, bipe215

More
10 years 9 months ago #33468 by faawrenchbndr
Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic The knockout game.
Solid advice right there........... :usa:

More
10 years 9 months ago #33472 by jtallen83
Replied by jtallen83 on topic The knockout game.
:I-agree:
Listen to Marcus Luttrell explain why his team found themselves in the spot they did, worrying about the legal ramifications if they pulled the trigger!

More
10 years 9 months ago #33479 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic The knockout game.
Good advice Longshot, good to see you back.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33495 by MrMarty51
Replied by MrMarty51 on topic The knockout game.

10-76 wrote:

Siscowet wrote: Which brings up the concern: at what point if someone attempted this would deadly force be justified in protecting yourself.?

In protecting yourself or someone else with the use of deadly force using your sidearm, you need to articulate that you saw a need to stop the threat.

Deadly force: Force which the user reasonably believes will cause great bodily injury or death.

I believe the "knockout game" is usually attempted with head shots? Attempting to injure someone else with head shots, using any sort of weapon, is a qualifier. Stop the threat.

(Back in the day it was shoot to kill, but now we must be more like Dr. Phil.)

txlongshotb4 wrote: Hypothetical situation time- You're stopped at a gas station fueling up. You go inside to buy a drink. As you walk back out the door, some teenagers are coming in. One of them cold cocks you as hard as he can in the face...but it's not good enough and you don't go down.
Legal recourse should not be the factor you're thinking about in this moment. It should be the furthest thing from your mind at that point-you'll have plenty to think about, believe it...you don't have time for second guessing your actions. You can prepare yourself for legal ramifications long before you ever need it. Find a good lawyer-plug his number into speed dial. Call him ASAP after the shooting-even before the police arrive...there you go. The mindset should be;" Valid lethal threat(s) identified, innocent bystanders clear, draw, present, good target alignment, controlled trigger squeeze, BOOM-repeat as needed."-this needs to happen fast-like, less than a second or two fast. There is no time in there for " am I legally justified?"...if you answered the first two parts-yes, valid lethal threat - yes, bystanders are clear- then yes-you are legally justified. Valid lethal threat is a PC way of saying THIS DUDE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU! Therefore it is very important that you kill him first. If you try contemplate the legal recourse involved right then and there , you will probably be the one going out of there in a bag- don't be that guy.

If it turns out later that this kid was playing a game, well...that sucks. BUT, you won't know when he hits you if he's playing a game, if he's trying to steal your wallet, if he and his buddies are about to knock over the store, I'f you're getting randomly jumped as some sort of gang initiation thing, or if the cops are right behind him and he needs a hostage.What you do know is that you are armed, and you cannot, under any circumstances, let this turd get his hands on your gun. What you do know is that he just delivered a potentially lethal blow to your head, and you have absolutely no reason to believe he won't try to finish the job...the situation dictates that as the most probable outcome-you definitely have a valid lethal threat.

:I-agree: You have that right, just make the first shot count, I mean to kill, do`nt want to have to use multiple rounds, then they`ll try and trie a man/woman for unecessary force.