Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

Best location?

More
11 years 6 months ago #20960 by Dabu
Best location? was created by Dabu
In your opinion, where would the best place for survival be in case of the worst case scenario event?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20961 by faawrenchbndr
Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Best location?
Midwest

More
11 years 6 months ago #20966 by 13fcolt
Replied by 13fcolt on topic Best location?
I'd go to Texas. If any one state could sustain itself independently, and NOT be over run with libtards I would have to say it's TX. It's also got some coastline should the need to bug out all they way arise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10before15

More
11 years 6 months ago #20967 by Dabu
Replied by Dabu on topic Best location?
What kind of crops can you grow in Texas?

More
11 years 6 months ago #20968 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic Best location?

Dabu wrote: In your opinion, where would the best place for survival be in case of the worst case scenario event?

Depends on the cause. If China or Russia launched a nuclear strike, as most missle silos are in North and South Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming, the prevailing westerlies would make the midwest at high risk for dangerous radiation levels due to fallout. As well as making those states not the best place to go. When it came to nuclear war, Survivalist Mel Tappan did an analysis of projected fallout patterns and picked Rogue River, Oregon as the safest place in the continental US. In a major west coast earthquake/Tsunami, not so good. Also keep in mind in a true long term survival situation, length of growing season, arable land quality, and competing population density all come into play. My choice, Patagonia Argentina, or south central Chile. In this country, probably Arkansas, Northern Alabama, or Texas/ Oklahoma. If the threat is volcanic or nuclear, chances are growing seasons will be shortened for a few years, so I would err on the side of going furthur south.
That's my two cents worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dabu

More
11 years 6 months ago #20969 by VTIT
Replied by VTIT on topic Best location?

faawrenchbndr wrote: Midwest

:I-agree:

I think there is enough open space left to hide and the climate is temperate enough so you won't die of dehydration or freezing.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20972 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic Best location?

13fcolt wrote: I'd go to Texas. If any one state could sustain itself independently, and NOT be over run with libtards I would have to say it's TX. It's also got some coastline should the need to bug out all they way arise.

If the liberals are trained organic farmers, its another story.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20977 by 13fcolt
Replied by 13fcolt on topic Best location?

Dabu wrote: What kind of crops can you grow in Texas?

Pretty diversified from what I understand. There's rib eye, Porterhouse, London broil, T bone, Brisket, Roast and so on. They pretty much grow it all. :drool:

Dang, now I'm hungry.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20979 by Dabu
Replied by Dabu on topic Best location?
:mad: My lunch break isn't for another hour.... good job making me hungry too.

But besides yummy cows, what kind of stuff could you grow in Texas?

More
11 years 6 months ago #20980 by Bootheel
Replied by Bootheel on topic Best location?
I also vote on the Midwest. Here in Missouri, we have the second largest number of farms in the states. The old timers talk about the great depression and say that they didn't even know it was happening since they were self supporting in their basic needs. And in my area we have a pretty good barter thing going.