Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

Zombies!

More
11 years 6 months ago #20656 by jtallen83
Replied by jtallen83 on topic Zombies!
Insurance, can't live without it but the bill is a killer. takes about a 1/3 of my disability to pay medicare and a suplimental. With my history the wife will not go without, I say :censored: them don't pay but she has to be all responsible and stuff.....Seems silly to me to pay $100 a month on a bill that you will have to live to near 200 to pay off, compared to the rest of the numbers on the medical bills it isn't a spit in the ocean. :soapbox:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20659 by Sharkey
Replied by Sharkey on topic Zombies!
As long as it keeps the family covered and you healthy enough to keep loggin in JT, it's all good.... :thumbs:

Tough pills to swallow though for sure..

More
11 years 6 months ago #20660 by VTIT
Replied by VTIT on topic Zombies!
Usually they will write it off after a while. It's easier than carrying it from year to year to year.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20664 by jtallen83
Replied by jtallen83 on topic Zombies!
They want to write a bunch off but they want me to apply for welfare first so they can get some credit. I'm still walkin and loggin in so I'm not going any further into this"safety net" trap than I'm forced to!

More
11 years 5 months ago #22466 by Dabu
Replied by Dabu on topic Zombies!
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #22467 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic Zombies!
#1or # 4.
If you catch me before morning coffee I can be mistaken for a Zombie.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Siscowet.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22470 by Sharkey
Replied by Sharkey on topic Zombies!
I'd go a slightly different route.

Rifles
Shotguns
Twin 45 semis
Twin 357 revolvers

Hefty garbage bags

3 foot wide Squeegie...:laugh:

More
11 years 5 months ago #22477 by Dabu
Squeegie? For what?

More
11 years 5 months ago #22484 by silverman1
Replied by silverman1 on topic Zombies!
My neighbor and I have a plan going,and he owns 2 airplanes,so even if we have Chem/Bio/or Rad. threats,we can get out of Dodge.
I have 5.5 acres,and in 86,planted 3 rows of trees all the way around my property.
The pines are now avg.30 ft ,and the Arborvities around 20 ft tall.
The branches between them were all dead,so I went through,and cut a path between the trees,so i can go clear around my property,without being seen,but yet you can see out between branches.
I have a 1/2 acre of hardwood trees in the back of my property,and I bought a junk camper for 200.00,and put it in the center of this,and have an old damaged deer stand I fixed,and made a shooting platform 30 ft up in the trees,and I can see almost all of my 5 acres from it,and have mil-surp camo net around it.
Whenever I see someone arrested on TV ,and they have 3 guns,and over 500 rds.of ammo,all I can say is ''AMATURE''!
I am slowly building up dehydrated food.
I have plenty of food in the freezer,and after a major storm years ago,and we were without power for 5 days,I dehydrated all the meat,and made jerky out of it,and dryed the fruit.
I moved everything out of my mower shed,and used it for a smokehouse. Ever try hicory flavored peaches? Not too bad!
I own 4 generators,and have a small still to make fuel.
All the sweet corn that was in my freezer,was turned into fuel.
I have a stash of extra garden seeds ,and stuff like green beans,and corn,the amount they produce,is more than you can eat,and ccan be traded for needed items.
When the TT33 tokarev's first started coming into this country
I bought 4 of them . I have them in concrete lined caches between my pines,in .50 ammo cans,that have a layer of the black roof coat on them,to slow rust.
the guns are in RIG grease,wrapped in VPI paper,and in a Ziploc,I put a bag of dessicant in the can with it,and filled the rest of the can with individually wrapped boxes of 7.62 ammo,and in ea. box I put one of the dessicant packs,that comes in pill bottles,and each is in a zip loc.
I have 2 greased spare mags in ea. can also,along with waterproof matches,a terrycloth rag,to wipe grease off the guns,and a Tok. cleaning rod,to clean grease out of the bore.
I made concrete lids to cover these,cast to look like a piece of firewood,and painted them brown/black,so if someone does feel something hard under the pine needles,they hopefully will think they just found wood.
So from anywhere on my property,I would be able to find an ammo can,and retrieve it in a couple of minutes.
So, I figure with some basic knowledge,and a little planning,you can try to survive.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22485 by Dabu
:bow: Impressive :thumbs: