Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

Zombies!

More
11 years 6 months ago #20175 by Dabu
Zombies! was created by Dabu
My friends and I have a nice little group of about 70 people that are preparing for the "zombie apocalypse" We all have our Constitution of 10 rules. Well, not really "do not do" rules but "do" rules.

I'm sure we could convert our group in case something more realistic happens. Anyone else have a group that's been prepping for "the end of the world"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20181 by mrraley
Replied by mrraley on topic Zombies!
I don't have a group... I have me and my family.

The neighbors think I'm nuts cause I have so many firearms.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20183 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic Zombies!

Dabu wrote: My friends and I have a nice little group of about 70 people that are preparing for the "zombie apocalypse" We all have our Constitution of 10 rules. Well, not really "do not do" rules but "do" rules.

I'm sure we could convert our group in case something more realistic happens. Anyone else have a group that's been prepping for "the end of the world"?

If the SHTF it will be people who are part of a larger organization that have the best chance of survival, whether it be a commune, village, neighborhood, or whatever. I have a neighborhood, and for that matter, a town of 55 square miles and 500 residents to fall back on, and work with if that happened. Trying to do everything on your own, is not only inefficient, but near impossible, especially as you will be in competition with other people/groups doing the same thing.
Obviously I think about it, and have some plans, as does just about everybody around here. Do I structure my life around it? No, but I have some things in place.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20191 by Dabu
Replied by Dabu on topic Zombies!
I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a bit crazy too. But I'm sure they'll come knocking on my door for something else besides butter if anything crazy happens.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20200 by VTIT
Replied by VTIT on topic Zombies!
Yeah I think my neighbors think I am a little nuts too :silly: . I don't let anyone know how many guns or ammo or anything like that I just think that they think I am nuts. No one knows what is in my house as far as guns, ammo, gear etc are concerned. I guess that's why I don't like to post pictures on here. See told you I am nuts :pinch: .

I have a big family (one of 7 kids) and a large extended family (nieces, nephews, son, daughter). We all have a part to play if the SHTF. We were born and raised farmers and three of us still are farming. We have a secure place to go and everyone knows what to bring and what is there already.

We don't think anything will happen, but if it does we have been talking about it and we have a plan. They all know I am bringing the guns and ammo. :thumbs: One of my sisters is bringing some of the food...etc, you know the drill. The place we will go is a family camp on a lake that is already set up to run with no power (hasn't been any there since ....forever). We already have generator(s) and pumps etc. It's kind of central to all of us and we all use it for vacations etc. so we know what is there and keep it stocked.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20202 by mlotziii
Replied by mlotziii on topic Zombies!
Maybe we should all take up a collection and buy a few squares somewhere that there is a decent water supply, good topography for defense, and good supply of wildlife.

Then if things do get out of control everyone will have to show their AR10T.com membership card when they come across the drawbridge.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20203 by VTIT
Replied by VTIT on topic Zombies!
There's a membership card? :blush: I am screwed. :S

More
11 years 6 months ago #20204 by Akai
Replied by Akai on topic Zombies!
Done, Your welcome in NE anytime, I now just have the family and they may be more of a burden then help, as I will be the one that has to arm, feed, train and shelter them. I do think if the SHTF it's going to take a platoon of good men.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20211 by Dabu
Replied by Dabu on topic Zombies!
:ohmy: whoa whoa whoa, draw bridge? That's some fancy stuff.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20216 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic Zombies!
Akai, at least in Nebraska you have a growing season. Where I am at, I am protein rich, a lot of deer and all the fish in the big lake. Rotten soil though.