Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

Sack breakfast

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39853 by OleCowboy
Sack breakfast was created by OleCowboy
Amazing Way to Cook Bacon and Eggs
Posted 4 days ago in DIY, Recreation & Camping, Videos by AllOutdoor Staff

Bacon and Eggs
Bringing food on your camping trips is a must, but why weigh yourself down with cooking pans! Try this cool trick for cooking bacon and eggs in paper bag.

- See more at: www.alloutdoor.com/2014/06/13/amazing-co...sthash.2853kq9Y.dpuf
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by OleCowboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightForce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39904 by NightForce
Replied by NightForce on topic Sack breakfast
Now who would have figured a bacon grease saturated bag wouldn't burst into flames!!

Amazing!! :thumbs:

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #44782 by R6600DH
Replied by R6600DH on topic Sack breakfast
I'm going to try that next time out. Never seen anything like it. Did you notice the "coming next" video? "Dutch Oven Cooking for Backpackers". Sounds like an oxymoron. I have 2 different sized Dutch ovens and neither one would I like to pack inside my ruck.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by R6600DH.

More
9 years 6 months ago #44784 by OleCowboy
Replied by OleCowboy on topic Sack breakfast
I have been cooking in greased up bags for a long time...run down to you local A&P or Piggly Wiggly or if you are in S Tex HEB. Get the BIG paper sacks, grease them up good with your choice of grease, I recommend peanut oil for it higher temp. Now take that old Thanksgiving Turkey and toss it inside, fold the open end of the bag and staple.

Follow cooking instruction for baking and be prepared to taste the best T-giving Turkey EVER!

"What about the talk that brown paper bags are unsafe for cooking?.

If you mean unsafe because of fire, it is important that the bag doesnt make contact with the heating element of the oven.

If you mean because of the recycled paper bag releasing toxins into the turkey, all we can say is that this recipe has been around for over 30 years. We,ve been postonmg this recipe for over 10 years and never had a single complaint that anyone got sick. We've had hundreds of emails that this is the best turkey they've ever tasted and the perfect recipe for first time chefs!"

www.food.com/recipe/kidd-kraddicks-famou...wn-bag-turkey-267289
The following user(s) said Thank You: R6600DH