SOC's AR10-TU Magnum 300 RSAUM

More
11 years 2 months ago #27627 by jtallen83
SOC, what are you using for a scale? Anything else you can credit for the consistency?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #27635 by SOC
Replied by SOC on topic SOC's AR10-TU Magnum 300 RSAUM

jtallen83 wrote: SOC, what are you using for a scale? Anything else you can credit for the consistency?

RCBS 505 beam scale
Rock Chucker press
RCBS Dies
Lee Factory Crimp Die

I toss a charge a little low and trickle it to what I want.

I really like the Lee Factory Crimp Dies and have noticed more consistent velocity and better accuracy when compared to standard crimp dies. (though not a fan of other lee products).

I think the RL 17 powder is forgiving and the Berger VLD hunting bullets are also very consistent.

Beyond that I mic my brass dimensions before loading and sort accordingly, check AOL and length to ogive of each round loaded ammo.

All my loads were on new Rem Brass.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by SOC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83

More
10 years 11 months ago #29865 by SOC
I figured out my accuracy issue.

My Millet scope drifts around about 5 moa, confirmed by mounting on a known accurate rifle.

Sending it back.

Wish I had $ for the Night Force.

More
10 years 11 months ago #29867 by Siscowet
How about a Leopold or a Nikon?

More
10 years 11 months ago #29883 by SOC

Siscowet wrote: How about a Leopold or a Nikon?

Leopold is about the same cost as the Nightforce I'm looking at, Nikon doesn't have a similar product.

Looking at FFP, 5-25x or so scope illuminated in MOA adjustments and MOA reticle, 100 MOA of elevation adjustment is a plus.

I like the fast adjustments on the NF BEAST

More
10 years 11 months ago #29887 by Lizardette
Seriously, I wish I could have come up with the money for one of their 2.5-10x scopes, Nightforce that is. I've heard those things can take some amazing abuse and still keep going. I hear they have really good warranties and customer service as well.

Sorry to hear that your Millet took a dump.

More
10 years 11 months ago #29933 by SOC

Lizardette wrote: Seriously, I wish I could have come up with the money for one of their 2.5-10x scopes, Nightforce that is. I've heard those things can take some amazing abuse and still keep going. I hear they have really good warranties and customer service as well.

Sorry to hear that your Millet took a dump.

I've had a few Millet products, I don't rely on them for serious work, fine for casual use, have sent most of my Millet stuff in for repair and they always seem to fix it for the $10 they ask for return shipping.

This Millet goes for about $500 new. I got it for $200.

More
10 years 11 months ago #29934 by MrMarty51

Lizardette wrote: Cowboy, that would be awesome. Let me know if you have one and I'll pm you my address. :)

SOC: Nickel-Boron would probably do the trick. Might be more expensive, but it sounds like it's more than worth it. Also, I've wanted to try the Reloader series of powders for quite awhile, but just never got around to it. I've heard good things about them though.

Most of what we load with are IMR branded powders: 4895 and 4064 (both safe for the Garands that we load for), 4198, 3031, 8208 (I have ONE rifle that likes this powder and only with one bullet weight at that), and 4350.

Here is some powder I`ve been using.

www.ramshot.com/products/rifle/?view=4&product=TAC

I just got a crony a while back but I have not had the time to go and check My loads.
I have shot some of the handloads and they seemed to group in well at fifty yards with no signs of over or under pressure.
just thought I`d throw this out there for You.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lizardette

More
10 years 7 months ago #35871 by MsgtBill
Amen. Go to it and the best of luck !!!!!!!!!!