- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Absolutely, that is why I will be interested in hearing from some of the Afghan and Iraqi vets and the data generated through the Designated Marksman and Sniper programs on the 5.56 platform. Starting with a National Match HBAR is a good launching point.OleCowboy wrote: I am not going to go exact on this, that said bbl length, twist and 2 key factors on bullet performance. So much so that in the case of the new generation mil spec sniper rifles for long range the contracts and weapon design are linked to a specific cartridge which is part of the delivery contract.
Take away: Examine your requirements closely so as you will not lose any accuracy in your builds...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is the opening on the tip of a 68 gr SMK/BTHP not big enough? If the letter of the law states, "Open tip hollow point," then those bullets certainly fit the bill....I can't use the 68 gr SMK or 68 gr BTHP in this state, as it needs to be an open tipped hollow point for hunting.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You guys convinced me, I am going with the Hornady 75 gr BTHP. Thanks.LebbenB wrote:
Is the opening on the tip of a 68 gr SMK/BTHP not big enough? If the letter of the law states, "Open tip hollow point," then those bullets certainly fit the bill....I can't use the 68 gr SMK or 68 gr BTHP in this state, as it needs to be an open tipped hollow point for hunting.
I've gotten very good accuracy with 77gr Sierra SMKs and Hornady 75 gr BTHP/Open Tip, Match (OTM) bullets.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
All content of this site is copyright 2003 - 2017
AR-10(T)™, AR-10™, are trademarks of ArmaLite, Inc.®
AR10T.com is NOT endorsed or affiliated with ArmaLite, Inc.®