Disaster and emergency response planning, preparation, training, and practice topics go here.

airbow

More
7 years 11 months ago #47707 by foxhunter
airbow was created by foxhunter
I just bought what I believe to be a great survival tool, the Benjamin Pioneer Airbow. This is a deer killer. I have only used it out to 60 yds, but it puts three arrows in a 2 inch group at that distance . At 450 fps, it is faster than the fastest crossbow, and shoots a full sized 375 gr arrow. Loudness is about the same as my 22 cal pcp air rifle, but the arrow gets there so fast, the deer have no time to move. refilling it to 3,000 psi after shooting 3-5 arrows using the Benjamin pump takes about 40 pumps. No big deal. I love its bullpup design, lightness and ease of use. check one out. They retail for $899, but I found mine on line for $747. Deals can be found for the arrows as well. I didn't like the Centerpoint scope that came on mine, and mounted a TenPoint crossbow scope with illuminated reticle that works very well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #47715 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic airbow
That sounds interesting and nasty! Question, can you do an emergency fill of the gas if you have beans for dinner? That way I could kill two birds with one stone, or in this case, arrow.

More
7 years 11 months ago #47720 by foxhunter
Replied by foxhunter on topic airbow
If you could exert that much anal pressure, that would make you a special kind of action hero.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #47725 by Siscowet
Replied by Siscowet on topic airbow

foxhunter wrote: If you could exert that much anal pressure, that would make you a special kind of action hero.

Ask my wife after I make my ghost pepper black bean soup, she figures I am permanently going to hurt myself.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Siscowet.

More
7 years 11 months ago #47727 by Libertarian623
Replied by Libertarian623 on topic airbow
Nice, these have been around a while. How noisy is it?